Gently helping parents, infants and children sleep through the night.
My motto is “sleep is sacred.” I believe that if a baby or small child is not sleeping, then nobody is sleeping. There are many factors why relationship satisfaction diminishes with the arrival of the first child and sleep deprivation may contributes to more distress in the relationship. Sleep deprivation can adversely affect both partners in negative ways, it can contribute to postpartum depression, health issues, more arguments, and really challenge a relationship. As a baby sleep consultant I am available to help you through this exciting yet tiring time in your life. You may feel too tired and overwhelmed to know what to do, let alone read countless of sleep books that are available. I am happy to work with your own comfort level and develop a plan and assist you through the process.
I am a marriage and family therapist and have been trained and certified as a sleep coach. My training allows me to work with parents in all life stages and help them through the challenges that these may bring. I have worked with many families in the Houston area that come to me through word of mouth, The Motherhood Center as well as as through some pediatrician offices.
Being a first time parent is life changing, I am able to prepare you and your marriage to welcome the new member of your family. If at any point you feel overwhelmed by your role as a parent regardless of what life stage you are in, you are not alone.
What can I do for you?
- I can help you set a good foundation so your newborn can become a great sleeper.
- I can help your baby sleep through the night.
- I can help your toddler sleep through the night.
- I can help children up to age 6 sleep through the night.
- I can help establish a consistent nap routine for babies and toddlers.
- I develop a sleep plan and collaborate with you keeping in mind your family and your child’s sleep needs.
- I will follow up with you in order to see how the sleep plan is working and to find solutions to challenges that may arise.
The Gentle Sleep Coach Program is the first and most extensive professional sleep coach training and certification program available. The program involves over 80 hours of training with a faculty panel that includes 2 medical doctors, a psychologist, an attorney, lactation counselor, postpartum doulas and a family therapist. Each coach must pass an exam and participate in case supervision. Some of my training topics included:
- Basic counseling and child development
- Sleep science and behavioral modification techniques to help parents of children age 0 to 6 years old.
- Secure attachment theory
- Support for the breastfeeding mother
The training also consisted of lectures from top specialists, including:
- Postpartum Depression from Dr. Shoshana Bennett, author and leading specialist on Postpartum Depression
- Medical Conditions and Sleep Apnea in Children led by Dr. Lewis Kass, Director of Children’s Sleep Center
- GURD and Sleep led by Dr. Anthony Loizides, pediatric gastroenterologist
For more information on my gentle pediatric sleep coaching services, please call Erika Simon at